Good morning all my Healthy Chicks out there and Happy Friday! Since it’s Friday, I figured I’d share a few of my favorite things of the week with y’all, ’cause trust me: every week there’s something new I begin to love. Here’s this week’s roundup:
1. The Treadmill: I know, I know. Trust me, I never thought I’d say it either. But ever since I’ve been training for my half marathon – and forcing myself to run on the treadmill due to all the blizzards here in Boston – it’s grown on me. Once I hit my first five mile run EVER on that stupid little machine, I began to have a newfound love for it. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS, ’cause it doesn’t seem like the snow is-a-stoppin’ anytime soon.
2. GO FISH: I’ve been working really hard this week to add more fish into my diet. I love fish so darn much, but it tends to get neglected. The other night I made baked salmon marinated in OJ, tequila, lime juice and habanero sauce with The Boy, and tonight we’re thinking of making almond-crusted tilapia. I’ll keep ya updated on how it goes!
3. Love: Love is all around, and I feel like a big pile of love lately. I’m just super happy is all, which is a good thing. That’s why my roommate’s and I are trying something new tonight – we’re attending the Project Cupid Date Auction, a charity date auction to raise money for leukemia, specifically for Acute Myeloid Leukemia for Dana Farber Institute.
4. A Berry-licious Dessert: Lately I’ve been weening off my late-night dark chocolate binge, and replacing it with a lighter option: fresh berries and greek yogurt. Sometimes I add a touch of almonds and some cinnamon as well. This was my go-to dessert all summer, but I’m proud to say it’s back again. All this hard training ‘n’ sweating has me craving something refreshing after dinner!
Speaking of greek yogurt…here comes the exciting part! I’m proud to announce today’s super sweet giveaway on Healthy Chicks. The kind peeps over at Chobani (my absolute FAVORITE yogurt brand) are giving away a 12-pack case of YOUR CHOICE Of Chobani. Did you know they have FOURTEEN flavors now? My faves are peach and blueberry, but I can’t wait to check out their new Mango flavor too!
Here are the deets:
Enter up to four ways to win…
1. Leave a comment telling me why you love Chobani so darn much & what flavor you’d like to win! (Feel free to get creative)
3. Tweet the following ” ooh lala @healthy_chicks & @Chobani are giving away a 12 pack of Chobani greek yogurt! Go here to win http://tinyurl.com/6bovotb ”
Giveaway ends on Sunday, February 6th my midnight. Yup, so you can still enter during and after the Superbowl mwuahaha (let’s face it…I go for the food and commercials). Open to US Residents only.