As you know by now, I spent years bashing and hating on my body. I’m talking total mean girl. Ironically enough, it was during the times I was most strict on myself, counting calories, exercising twice a day to burn off indulgences, and eating food that tasted like cardboard that I hated my body most.
I would tell myself horrible things when I looked in the mirror like:
I am not good enough.
I will never be thin enough.
My friends are more beautiful than I am.
I need to cut back more in order to lose the weight.
My thighs are fat.
I am a failure for “over-indulging” last night.
If I lose more weight, maybe then I can finally get a boyfriend.
In due time, I began to believe these horrible thoughts. They became a part of who I was. That’s the funny thing about our mind; it’s a powerful, powerful tool and we must be careful what we tell ourselves (especially when it’s hurtful).
Practicing positive affirmations can be an amazing way to turn negative thoughts into loving thoughts as you make the transition over to self-love! And no, they don’t need to be reserved solely for yoga class or meditation gurus! In fact, you can practice in the comfort of your own home…in your PJs with a cup o’ tea.
Here are 5 body-love affirmations you can start reciting to yourself daily:
1. By depriving myself from the foods my body wants and needs, I am depriving myself from living to my fullest potential. I will begin to fill up on the things that make me feel my best self.
2. When listening to my body, I make better choices. I will slow down, listen and become more in tune with my body.
3. There is no such thing as the perfect body. I choose to love up my assets and embrace my flaws, as they make me who I am. My body is strong and beautiful.
4. No one can love me until I love myself first. Self-love is the most powerful kind of love. I choose to be kinder to myself.
5. If I feel beautiful on the inside, I will feel beautiful on the outside. I will take better care of my insides.
Want more at-home body-love affirmations? Join my new online group program, the 21-Day “Little Black Dress” Summer Shape-Up for daily affirmations, recipes, clear action steps, a private community Facebook Group and one-on-one coaching with me! After all, every women deserves to shine in her LBD (and she shouldn’t have to starve herself doing so).
What do you tell yourself when you look in the mirror? If you’re hating on your body, I’d love to chat with you! Schedule your FREE “Body Love” Breakthrough Session today! Click here to view my online calendar for the next two weeks or email me to learn more.