Are you feeling a little off,
Down in the dumps?,
Don’t worry, my darling. It seems like you just may be dealing with a little case of the cold-weather, pre-winter blues. And I’m totally with you on this one!
As I hiked through the pouring rain in 40-degree weather the other evening, carrying multiple tote bags for a work function, a part of me just wanted to break down and cry. Mind you, that morning I had an argument — er, disagreement — over my recent health insurance bills and then had to trek an hour out of my way because I left some items for my event in the hubby’s car. Did I mention I spilt dressing on my favorite jeans?
It was pretty much the epitome of one of those days. You know the type.
So I reached out to twitter world, asking for favorite ways to perk up on those gooey, rainy, less than perfect days.
I loved all of the suggestions, from curling up with a hot cup o’ coffee + macaroons to squeezing in a sweat session at the gym. Here are some of my personal favorites:
1. Curl up with a magazine or good book.
2. Book an appointment for a mani pedi – you so deserve it
3. Sip on some hot herbal tea.
4. Take yourself on a lunch date – sushi for one, please?
5. Turn your shower into a steam room
6. Brew a pot of homemade seasonal coffee – pumpkin spice and toasted almond are my favorites right now!
7. Take a nap.
8. Take a bath.
9. Breathe in some essential oils – I’m loving Badger’s Cheerful Mind Balm!
10. Cuddle someone you love.
11. Write. Color. Craft. Paint. Be creative.
12. Pop in an old-time favorite movie
13. Send a letter via snail mail.
14. Paint your nails a pretty color.
15. Step on your yoga mat.
16. Plan a Girl’s Night In at your place!
17. Put on the coziest, fuzziest PJ pants you can find.
18. Update your vision board.
19. Clean your room. (Really.)
20. Play outside.
21. Make a list of 3 areas in your life you want to improve on & brainstorm action steps you can take right now.
22. Practice meditation.
23. Laugh, out loud.
24. Go on a social media detox for a day.
25. Wear lipstick or a vibrant gloss.
27. Start a journal.
Now I want to know, what’s on your list? Stay happy lovely ladies!