Happy Friday ladies! As I sit here finishing up some work in Starbucks, many thoughts are flowing through my head. I’m not sure you know this about me, but I am always thinking. I mean always, always. What can I say? I’m a girl of many (sometimes crazy) ideas. Here’s what’s going through my mind on this rainy Friday afternoon:
-There is a older man sitting next to me at Starbucks who has been writing on a napkin for the past hour. When I glanced over (I swear I’m not nosy) I saw that both sides of the napkin are completely covered with teeny-tiny scribbled handwriting. The hopeless romantic inside me likes to think he is writing a love letter to a long lost woman from his past.
-This grande medium roast with one pump of pumpkin may just be the perfect pick-me-up for a rainy, dreary day
-What if our dreams could be recorded and transformed into movies? Seriously, between my boyfriend and I, I think we’d be famous. But then again, would we really want to replay some of those dreams?
-There’s only two (plus some) months left until Christmas. When is it too early to watch Love Actually and The Holiday?
-I am running the Newport Half this weekend (eek!) Will I break my PR? Will I break my PR? Will I break my PR?
-I have 5,159 emails in my Gmail inbox. Will that number ever read 0? Now that’d be the day…
-I have been accepted on a Fitfluential campaign for Yurbuds. Please, please, PRETTY PLEASE come today in time for my half. I am so sick of the ones I have that continuously fall out of my ears every time I sweat/turn a corner/the wind blows.
-I want sushi. Like now.
Happy weekend-ing friends!
Ever since I started training for my first half marathon in NYC about a year and a half ago, I’ve become somewhat obsessed with running. It’s hard to believe that I am now just 13 days away from my third half marathon in Newport, Rhode Island. As much as I love running, one thing is certain: it’s all about the music for me. While some enjoy running with nature, I need an iPod to get me through my runs, especially those longer training runs. Fortunately, there’s dozens of great songs out there to make for an extra sweaty workout.
Here’s a look of some of my top running songs right now. Please add your own in the comment section below!
Good afternoon ladies! I haven’t done one of my Friday Favorites posts in a while, so I figured I’d get back into the groove today. Here’s what I’ve been crushing on this week…
- Cat Stevens albums, particularly this song. I used to listen to his music when I was younger and it somehow reminds me to be calm, strong, confident and inspired
- The $50 voucher to Basho Japanese Brasserie that my boyfriend bought me from LivingSocial. They definitely serve up the top three Spicy Tuna Maki rolls I’ve ever tasted.
- The new FitFluential #proof tanks. Once you sweat, the back reads “#proof” and well it’s an extra excuse to get extra sweaty during workouts!
- My super refreshing, delicious homemade summer tabouli. It was so good that I’m actually making it again for a summer BBQ this weekend.
- Sticks & Twigs from Mary’s Gone Crackers. These little gluten free, whole grain pretzels are to die for, and contain good-for-you whole grains like brown rice, amaranth, quinoa, and millet.
- Grilled turkey burgers with sauteed mushrooms & onions, topped with melted fresh mozzarella.
- Running! Yes, I am running again in training for the Newport Half Marathon this October. And let me just say, it feels gooood.
- Snail mail from a good friend. Nothing makes me smile more than a letter in the mail!
- Shutting down. Yes that means no TV, phone, or computer within the hour before bed. Try it sometime…
- These handmade little hair ties from local Boston company, Stanz & Co. Stay tuned, there will be a giveaway on my blog in the near future!
- Hummus wraps for lunch. Hummus + leafy greens + olive oil + cucumber + salt & pepper + feta + whole grain pita.
What’s at the top of your list this week? HAPPY Friday!
I just finished running my second half marathon this morning, that is the Newport Half Marathon. I ran the race with my sister, father, cousin and her husband. I also had my very proud boyfriend and mother there cheering me on for support. I must say there’s nothing like the feeling you get looking up at people you love all around you.
Nor is there anything like the feeling of running for a purpose…with a dream. After all, that is why I run now. Forget exercise. Yes, that’s a plus. But I run for the high. I run to l.e.t g.o. I run to feel powerful, to feel alive. I run for me. And that’s what is important. I am extremely proud of myself for completing my second half marathon, with a personal record to top it off. I’m mostly proud of myself for running with my all, you know my heart & soul.