Good afternoon ladies! I am pleased to say I am now on Day 4 of my cleanse and feeling spectacular: full of energy, perky and renewed. I’m not going to lie; the first two days were a battle but it seems like the hard part is now over with.
Here’s a recap of yesterday’s menu:
Breakfast: Super Lean Green Berry Breakfast Smoothie
Snack: Handful raw cashews & almonds
Lunch: Large salad packed with spinach, collard greens, apple kale, cucumber, avocado, lemon, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs
Snack: raw carrots & hummus
Dinner: Vegetable soup with carrots, celery, collards, spinach, onions, mushroom, and a dash of sea salt
Dessert: 1/2 a frozen banana
And now for a fun little surprise! Last week Boston Based business Stanz & Co. was kind enough to send me a package of satin elastic hair ties for me to try out.
Seriously, how cute are these? I am totally loving the pink to add a little brightness to a simple outfit and make my hair “pop.” You can shop for your own color combos here on Etsy for just $6.00 a package which is a pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself.
I love how soft they are, and how they don’t leave those annoying dents in your hair, yet still provide enough coverage for exercising and everyday life!
Oh, and now for the surprise part! Founder Maria Constanza Pizano was kind enough to offer 15% off to all Healthy Chicks readers. Simply enter promo code HCHIX for 15% off your oder. I encourage you to browse around her shop…I promise you’ll fall in love with the colors.
Have you ever done a cleanse? Which one did you try? How did you like it? What’s your favorite Stanz & Co. hair tie color? Share your thoughts here!
Good afternoon ladies! I haven’t done one of my Friday Favorites posts in a while, so I figured I’d get back into the groove today. Here’s what I’ve been crushing on this week…
- Cat Stevens albums, particularly this song. I used to listen to his music when I was younger and it somehow reminds me to be calm, strong, confident and inspired
- The $50 voucher to Basho Japanese Brasserie that my boyfriend bought me from LivingSocial. They definitely serve up the top three Spicy Tuna Maki rolls I’ve ever tasted.
- The new FitFluential #proof tanks. Once you sweat, the back reads “#proof” and well it’s an extra excuse to get extra sweaty during workouts!
- My super refreshing, delicious homemade summer tabouli. It was so good that I’m actually making it again for a summer BBQ this weekend.
- Sticks & Twigs from Mary’s Gone Crackers. These little gluten free, whole grain pretzels are to die for, and contain good-for-you whole grains like brown rice, amaranth, quinoa, and millet.
- Grilled turkey burgers with sauteed mushrooms & onions, topped with melted fresh mozzarella.
- Running! Yes, I am running again in training for the Newport Half Marathon this October. And let me just say, it feels gooood.
- Snail mail from a good friend. Nothing makes me smile more than a letter in the mail!
- Shutting down. Yes that means no TV, phone, or computer within the hour before bed. Try it sometime…
- These handmade little hair ties from local Boston company, Stanz & Co. Stay tuned, there will be a giveaway on my blog in the near future!
- Hummus wraps for lunch. Hummus + leafy greens + olive oil + cucumber + salt & pepper + feta + whole grain pita.
What’s at the top of your list this week? HAPPY Friday!