There’s been a hell of a lot of complaining here in Boston lately – not only is it due to the devastating Pats loss the other night, but for some reason Mother Nature doesn’t want to give us a break with the snow, and hypothermia-inducing weather. Seriously, it’s just not OK. But complaining and being Oscar the Grouches about it also is totally not OK either. Here are 7 little things to help perk you up in times of winter depression.
1. There are only 55 days until Spring! It’s true, I calculated it myself on my Calendar. That means birds chirping, flowers blooming and temps in the 50s and 60s isn’t that far away.
2. Valentine’s Day is coming up in a few weeks. For all of you V-Day haters, check out this awesome Anti-Valentine’s Day Bash put on by Boston Event Guide: The Flirt Fest! Tickets are only $20 for a pair or $15 a pop if you buy before Friday. Plus, you can have a little more fun with it by nominating your friends to be Boston’s Biggest Flirt.
If you’re a Valentine’s Day lover, then it’s your excuse to wear pink, red and white all day, wine ‘n’ dine, and gush over your boyfriend. A win-win situation for both!
3. You can drink as much hot cocoa (with mini mellows), tea, and coffee as your little heart desires. It’s frickin frigid outside; you have an excuse.
4. You can wear all your favorite summer dresses with a cute jacket, boots and sexy tights and call it a new oufit.
5. While you’re complaining about the cold now, at least you don’t have to deal with sweat marks, mosquito bites and 110 degree city weather that summer brings. Winter doesn’t suck so bad after all, now does it?
6. You still have 6 months to tone up for beach season, rather than 6 days! Seriously, there’s plenty of time. That’s why I’ve been running & doing Core Fusion now rather than later…
7. Fire places. ‘Nough said.